When an elder or deacon in good standing has united with another church, denomination, or ministry, or has, for any other reason, been dropped from the roll of ministers, and subsequently wishes to be reinstated, the request may be considered by the appropriate district board(s) and the district assembly upon prior approval by the general superintendent in jurisdiction.