An elder or licensed minister who sustains a retired relationship with the church or any of its departments, and who wishes to perform a ministerial function through revivals or evangelistic meetings, may receive certification for “retired evangelism service.” Such certification shall be for one year, shall be voted by the district assembly upon recommendation by the district superintendent, and may be renewed by subsequent district assemblies on the basis of actual work in evangelism in the year prior to the assembly.