The duties of the district Nazarene Youth International (NYI) president are:
- To give direction and leadership to the district NYI;
- To chair the District NYI Council in facilitating the development of youth ministry on the district;
- To preside at the annual District NYI Convention;
- To represent the interests of the district NYI on appropriate district boards and committees, and;
- To encourage the development of NYI ministry in local churches on the district.
The district NYI president shall report to the district superintendent and District Advisory Board, and annually to the district assembly. The district NYI president shall be a member ex-officio of the district assembly (201).